Daisypath Wedding tickers

Monday, February 22, 2010

SPRING SPRING SPRING where are you??????

Spring cant get here fast enough. The guy came tonight to give us our estimate for our retaining wall that we have to do SOON. WOW! WOAH! WHEEW! is all I can say. Why is concrete so EXPENSIVE!?! My question to Derek tonight was....Who's Idea was it to build on top of a hill with a Mountain of a driveway!?!?! Oh yeah, it was mine!! haha It was between concrete and blocks, and between my dad, derek, and the guy doing it, they all decided concrete would last the longest and be the best route to go. So when it drys up the first chance they get they are going to step in with the back hoe, and start going to town. We are going to build a 3 foot retaining wall about 115 feet along one side of the driveway. At the end we are going to put BFR's (rocks) that is down to the creek to help the water flow. We have our work cut out for us. Derek reassured me that we will have grass by our wedding. My toes and fingers are crossed! After the retaining wall is done, my dad and derek have to back fill and rearrange alot of dirt, then we will plant the grass seed and hall a few loads of rock! Ill keep you posted how it goes! Derek and I are going to both have to get second jobs when this is all said and done! haha Ill post pictures soon.............

No comments:

Post a Comment